@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Meie+Script);
1

The ugly truth - Movie review

Posted by ejceasar on Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Oooohhhhh I didn't like him in 300 - as a Spartans, he was just another hero, but his role in The Ugly Truth was too good. I enjoyed watching the movie. I will watch it any time its played again.

Finally I am settled in finding out my favorite movie genre. Its romantic comedy!. Its a must watch. Hey it has some strong adult language so its 18+ :) The script is the complete background to the movie, next is Gerald Butler and Katherine Heigl, both have done good justice to the movie.

And the hunky rough look of Gerald Butler also helps a lot.



Some of my favorite dialogues and scenes from the movie:

This dialogue is when Mike teaches Abby her first lesson on how to flirt. Before he could finish the lesson, Colin turns up and Abby all dressed to flirt in her new cocktail dress. But Abby is still not ready to face Colin

Colin: You look great!
Abby Richter: Oh, just doing the dishes.

This is the climax, the last scene, I really loved the ending, yeah a great happy fairy tale ending :). Mike and Abby have a good time in LA dancing and partying. That night when each of them realizes the love they have for each other and are ready to confess. But Colin turns up surprisingly and Mike leaves without a note next day without realizing that Abby has turned down Colin confessing that she couldn't be herself for even a second when she is with Colin. All these days she was pretending to be Mike's version of Abby and not Abby version of Abby.

Mike Chadway: [sarcastically] I know! Why don't we spend the telling me how much *fun* you and Colin had having sex in Los Angeles?
Abby Richter: I broke up with Colin in Los Angeles, you jackass!
Mike Chadway: What?
Abby Richter: Oh, that's got your attention. Well if you think we're going to finish what we started in Los Angeles you are out of your mind. You lost your chance.
Mike Chadway: Who are you kidding. I never had a chance with you.
Abby Richter: That's right. I had a temporary lapse in judgment when I thought you were more than you are, but you aren't.
Mike Chadway: Oh, yeah? What's that supposed to mean?
Abby Richter: [mockingly] I'm Mike Chadway. I like girls in Jello. I like to fuck like a monkey. Don't fall in love. It's scary.
Mike Chadway: Yeah, it is scary. It's terrifying. Especially when I'm in love with a psycho like you.
Abby Richter: I am not a psycho!
Mike Chadway: I just told you that I love you and all you heard was "psycho." You're the definition of neurotic.
Abby Richter: No! The definition of neurotic is a person who suffers from anxiety, obsessive thoughts, compulsive acts, and physical ailments without any objective evidence...
Mike Chadway: Shut up! Yet again I told you that I'm in love with you and you're standing there giving me a vocabulary lesson.
Abby Richter: You're in love with me. Why?
Mike Chadway: Beats the shit out of me, but I am.
[she leans over and kisses him]

Abby farst in live television her hatred to Mike just before the climax.

Abby Richter: I'm sorry, but Jack Magnun will no longer be able to do 'The Ugly Truth', which should really come as no surprise because men are completely unreliable. Take Mike Chadway, for instance. He up and quit the show, without so much as a word. You think you know what men are going to do. You think you know what men want to do, but when it comes right down to that moment where they need to step up and, I don't know, make a move - they chicken out.
Mike: Oh! I am all over this.
Abby Richter: The big strong brave men, that we've all been reading about in novels and watching in movies since we've been nine years old, - -that's a fallacy. They don't exist. Men are not strong. Men are not brave. Men, are afraid. Even if they have a moment in a hotel elevator and it's totally romantic and full of potential, men are incapable of copping to it because, why? Men are weak.
Mike: Let me tell you something about women. Women would have us believe that they are the victims; That we break their hearts for sport. That's crap. They say they want romance, they say they want true love, but all they want is a check list. Is he perfect? Is he handsome? Is he a doctor? For you men who fit the criteria, don't kid yourselves. Cuz they're not sleeping with you, they're sleeping with a carefully calculated set of venal choices. Money over substance, looks over soul, polished over principles. No gesture, no matter how real or romantic will ever compensate for a really impressive list of credentials.
Abby Richter: This coming from a man who's never made a gesture other than this one.

1 Comments


It’s really sad that Mike’s nephew looks up to him because he really is a jerk, but when he tells the kid not to pay attention to his advice it’s surprising he is aware that he is a jerk. I suppose everyone knows right from wrong but chooses to ignore it when it comes to life and children are the reminder. Do as I say, not as I do is usually the advice.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Confessions Of A Project Development Manager All rights reserved.